Monday, June 18, 2012

The older you get, the faster the time goes by

Always playing catch up!
Let*s see,
Pete*s graduation...so surreal, I remember this kid and I dancing around to Hercules songs on repeat from dawn till duskonly stopping to grab an occasional juice box and nap... and him crying hysterically at the thought of me not sleeping in the pull out next to his bed whenever I would spend the night...and now, well, I'm extremely annoying and un-cool!  
Now his only requests to me are something like: "Miriam, sneak us drinks." And of course I feel like I can*t possibly let him down - this is all he needs me for now!  It*s truly gut wrenching I tell you!To sit with him and watch him and his friends interact and "party"...watching my little baby drink...surreal.

I will ALWAYS think of him as my little Peter, no matter how old he gets.  I wonder if that's how my Mother sees me?


Amazing feeling getting to sit next to my grandfather for Petes ceremony




Krystal*s little one seems to age a year per day every time I skype with them.   It is still torturous to get invited to so many incredible events back in NY and have to decline.  Why was I never invited to this many things when I lived there?



While home I finally got to spend some time with my Mommy!! She took me and Amanda out for a spin on her new boat!  It made my heart burst with joy- it has been the ONE and ONLY thing my mother has EVER wished for (as a possession) for herself-she has ALWAYS put her children first...to see her FINALLY get to enjoy it-It was priceless.  I try to keep myself from thinking of all the wonderful times we could have every weekend on it- and just focus on how grateful I should be for that one time.


After the boat ride I had to jet over to my friend Kim's gorgeous baby shower... again...how is this all happening so fast...



I feel like it was yesterday Kim and I were running rampant through the streets of NYC together...now this.

HANG ON..still not done with babies yet!  After THAT...DJ and I went over to one of his best friends house to meet HIS new baby cub!  HEART. MELT.









It is SO hard to leave NY yet always feels nice to pull back into our driveway in VA ... I discovered yoga on the pier at National Harbor the other day - they even have bring your doggy days...it takes place at sunset and is just the most rejuvenating experience.  Deej and I bring Rambo to parks and lakes and constantly find ourselves breaking the silly "no swimming allowed" rule at least when it comes to Rambo.  Not that he gives us much choice.  He absolutely L.O.V.E.S to swim and dive and splash.. it makes me laugh, clap and squeal like a 5 year old.

What else what else...We've gone peach picking and even made our own grape juice (bc wine is too difficult) from the grapes in our back yard thatDJ has so attentively tended to over the months.  We have gone to many wineries and toured incredible distilleries hidden high in the mountains.

We still explore new areas each weekend, and are never disappointed- but I still wish I could be sharing these experiences with my friends and family as well.

I'll leave you with a Virginia POSITIVE:  Cafe Rio.  If you have not gotten to experience their Mahi-mahi tacos - or any burrito of theirs actually, I feel extreme sorrow for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment